Monday, March 23, 2009

St. Patty's Day: A quick rundown.

This year, I tried something new and went with the morning/afternoon shift. Good call, because the weather was gorgeous (for once) making bar hopping much easier. Lucky me had off the entire day from work and class.

I began my adventure at 9 a.m. at Cellblock. There was a decent sized crowd of all ages, many in costume or decoration. Apparently there was also a breakfast buffet, but I avoided it because I only saw one person in the whole place with a plate. The specials were boring- $3 Bud bottles, $2 pitchers. Local radio station -Star 104- was there for the first few hours with entertaining games and prizes. We left shortly after they did when the weird, party killing music came on.

Next, we moved on to Sluggers (a.k.a the old Pecadillos). It was my first time back since the remodeling/name change, and I was definitely impressed. I'll have to check back some night to see if my approval lasts, however. It had lots of space and places to sit, and the D.J. changed the music at our request (crunk hits to wake us up from Cellblock!!). Even though the specials were just as boring, the atmosphere was much better and gave me the boost I needed to continue.

My friends and I then walked up to Nelson's, where I immediately ordered their Italian Lemon Ice Martini. This drink has the perfect amount of sweet, tart, and booze for any time of the day. Loves this. Afterward, I took a little break from everything and had lunch with my boyfriend at Calimari's, and a Grey Goose and pink lemonade-- which I like to call a Fluffy Bunny.

I began to slow down, now full of booze and food. It was approaching 2 p.m., and I haven't been one for endurance drinking in a few years. I found my group as they were leaving Plymouth headed back to Cellblock. Considering my drowsy state and the dread of going back to hott mess Cellblock, I decided to venture home and end the festivities.

Overall, I was unimpressed with the drink specials offered at the various bars. I mean, really? I guess the average $2 pitcher of green beer was a decent bargain, but what about shots, etc.? Parking was easy though, especially since walking wasn't a problem because of the nice weather. I parked for most of the morning in the garage across from Sluggers for only $3.

So what did everyone else do to celebrate? And for those who took the night shift-- how was it? Were the drink specials any better?


xo Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment