Thursday, March 12, 2009

Erie, meet Alison.

Hello, my name is Alison. I am a 24 year old Erie native. Penn State Erie graduate… x2. Most importantly: I am young (too young and too old, at the same time!)… I am bored, and I am stuck in Erie.

So, St. Patrick’s Day is next week and I can’t make it to Pittsburgh for the ubiquitous parade. As usual, I searched the internet for a plan. Boardwalk’s website advertises a late night party over the weekend, but I am also wondering about early morning festivities. Try searching the internet for anything- specials, events, etc… Many establishments have some hott mess MySpace page. The information is either vague or way outdated.

I mean, really? MySpace is free. Update that shit.

The point is: I want to know what is going on, when, and who will be there. I want to read reviews by people who know what they are talking about. I am sick of reading about the new bar opening that is really just an inventory list of tables, games, and square footage with an occasional statement from the bar owner. Who cares how many pool tables they have? Over it.

My goal is to go out and get the real story about what’s up around here. Random happenings, events, openings... whatever.

So, here it goes. Reader comments/submissions are always appreciated--- alisoninerie@hotmail.com.

xo, Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment